We all know that water is a necessity for life, but are you getting enough water? Drinking less water than your body needs can lead to dehydration. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
Things that can happen to your body if you are dehydrated.
* Not peeing or having very dark yellow pee
* Very dry skin
* Muscle tightness and soreness
* Joint pain
* Feeling dizzy
* Sleepiness, lack of energy, confusion or irritability
How much should you drink every day? - A healthy adult men should drink about 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluid a day and healthy adult women should have about 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) daily.
Here are a few simple tips that can make it easy to stay hydrated throughout the day:
* Start each day by drinking a tall glass of water when you get up in the morning.
* Keep a water bottle at your desk to sip throughout the day.
* Always drink a full glass of water before lunch and dinner.
* Keep a reusable water bottle with you when leaving the house.
* Substitute other drinks for water instead. If you don’t like the taste of water, try adding a bit of flavor with a squeeze of lemon. Or, you can buy low-calorie water enhancers to mix into your drink.
Why you should drink water before and after your massage sessions?
Unhealthy muscle tissue is tight and tough which doesn't allow for good blood flow and lymphatic drainage through it and does not have easy movement. Your massage therapist is trained to find these areas of tight “unhealthy” muscle and they know exactly how to work into it to get the blood flowing again. As that happens your blood will again start delivering oxygen and fluids to the muscle tissue. Any amount of water that is transferred to the muscle is removed from your blood stream effectively causing the percentage of water in your blood stream to decrease. This is same as dehydration.