Having a massage not only helps you relax, it can also benefit the immune system, a new study suggests.
According to researchers from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, USA, people who received a 60-minutes remedial massage had an increased number of lymphocytes, which are white blood cells that play a large role in defending the body from disease. Also massage therapy increases the activity level of the body’s white blood cells that work to combat viruses.
But please remember, only receive massage therapy when you are healthy and don't have any flu symptoms such as coughing and fever.
Infection Control Risk Management Plan
If any infection risks are identified, Oberon Remedial Massage undertakes a procedure of risk management, including:
• Taking immediate action to eliminate the factors causing the risk, including quarantining, thoroughly cleaning the site (on the person(s) involved as well as the physical area in the premises)
• Modifying or changing procedures, protocols and work practices, as required, after a debriefing session to identify how the incident occurred and what changes may be required to ensure it does not happen again
• Monitoring therapist and client compliance with infection control procedures
Obeorn Remedial Massage provides standard precautions in our performing of massage treatment.
• Therapist hygiene including hand washing and hand care with Alcohol hand sanitarizer and wipes
• Clean premises
• Safe handling of accessories used in massage
• Disinfecting massage equipments, towels and linen